It has relaxing properties and contributes to a healthy sleep cycle.
Ashwagandha is known for its restorative and rejuvenating qualities * , has a strengthening effect on the nervous, endocrine (hormone) and immune system as well as the cognitive functions.
Ashwagandha is also traditionally used in Ayurveda to promote male fertility.
Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) also known as Holy Basil, is considered one of the holiest plants in India where it is used as a tonic for the body, mind and spirit.
It has a calming effect, supports memory, promotes clear thinking and contributes to a positive mood.
Tulsi is known for its ability to balance the effects of physical, chemical, metabolic and psychological stress. *
In addition, it helps the body detox and is rich in antioxidants.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is a medicinal mushroom that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. It is known for its positive effect on the immune system and on mental clarity and is used to strengthen the Qi or life force.
Reishi helps to deal with the negative effects of stress *, promotes a healthy sleep cycle and helps the body remain in a state of homeostasis.
Traditionally, this versatile mushroom is used in Asia to promote longevity.
Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a medicinal mushroom that is mainly used to promote brain health. * It stimulates memory and concentration and supports the growth of NGF, Nerve Growth Factor.
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is an Indian herb that has a long history of use in Ayurveda, among others. It is best known for its positive effect on the brain and specifically on memory. *
In addition, it has a calming effect on the nervous system, it promotes concentration and the storage and processing of information.
Several studies * have shown that Lion's Mane can help relieve anxiety and depression by restoring the hippocampus.
This is a part of your brain that plays an important role in storing information in your memory and in your behavior.
Decrease in hippocampal tissue is associated with, among other things, an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease, depression and schizophrenia.
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is the root of a highly nutritious medicinal plant native to the Peruvian Andes Mountains and has been used for thousands of years.
Maca is known as an energizer on both a physical and mental level, it is used to promote memory and the processing of new information. *
It has mood elevating properties and helps to balance stress.
In addition, it helps to increase stamina and has a positive effect on the libido.
Moringa (Moringa Oleifera) is native to India and grows in tropical and subtropical regions. The plant is extremely rich in nutrients and contains over 90 important nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, 46 types of antioxidants and all eight essential amino acids.
Research has shown that Moringa contains 7x more vitamin C than oranges, 17x more calcium than milk, 25x more iron than spinach, 9x more protein than yogurt, 10x more vitamin A than carrots, 4x more chlorophyll than wheatgrass and 15x more potassium than bananas. *
Moringa is known as a natural energy booster, providing energy in a stable way, without a dip afterwards.
It increases stamina and recovery after physical activity * which makes it particularly suitable for athletes and anyone working out.
Astragalus (Huang Qi) is one of the essential herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its main property is to strengthen the Qi, our life force.
It increases energy levels and stamina and strengthens the immune system.
Astragalus contributes to the protection of cells, supports tissues and organs and has anti-aging properties *.
The flavonoids and antioxidants help strengthen the cardiovascular system.
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris) is a medicinal mushroom originating from the Himalayas and China. It increases energy levels and endurance, helps reduce fatigue and supports the immune system.
Cordyceps helps increase oxygen uptake by the cells and allows the body to use oxygen as efficiently as possible. *
It can be used both before and after workout, before to help increase energy and endurance and afterwards to stimulate the body's recovery.
Tremella (Tremella fuciformis)
• deeply moisturizing, with moisture-binding properties of 500 times its own weight.
Cosmetics to which 0.05% Tremella polysaccharides have been added have been found to have a better moisture-binding capacity than with 0.02% hyaluronic acid. *
• helps to improve skin elasticity.
• stimulates collagen production.
• is rich in antioxidants that help protect against premature aging of the skin.
• contains glucuronoxylomannan which is anti-inflammatory and helps to accelerate wound healing.
• has neuroprotective properties that contribute to the growth and survival potential of neurons. *
• is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a longevity tonic to strengthen the Qi or life force, the immune system, the heart, brain, lungs, kidneys and stomach.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
• contains antioxidants that stimulate the skin's natural renewal process, help reduce premature aging of the skin and help protect against UV radiation.
• contains beta-glucans that draw moisture to the skin, help restore moisture loss and keep skin hydrated. This helps to refine wrinkles and lines.
• has an anti-inflammatory effect and contains anti-irritants that soothe the skin and reduce redness.
• helps to restore and strengthen the ceramides in the skin's moisture barrier. Ceramides form the skin's protective layer, which helps keep moisture in. *
• inhibits the melanin-producing enzyme tyrosinase which causes skin pigmentation.
• helps to balance the negative effects of stress and keep the body in a state of homeostasis. Promotes a healthy sleep cycle and mental clarity.
• Contributes to a strong immune system and is known in TCM as the “elixir of immortality” for its powerful healing and anti-aging properties. *
Shiitake (Lentinules edodes)
• helps to protect the elastin in the skin, which promotes its elasticity. As we age, the amount of elastin decreases, a.o. due to the enzyme elastase. Shiitake inhibits the formation of elastase.
• is rich in L-ergothioneine, which is known as the longevity vitamin. Shiitake contains 40x more of this than wheat germ. It helps protect DNA, reduce UV damage and stimulate the production of antioxidant enzymes. *
• contains antioxidants and anti-irritants that help accelerate the skin's natural renewal process and protect against free radicals. *
• Traditionally used in TCM to enhance Qi or life force and the immune system, minimize premature aging and promote blood circulation. *
• is used to support the liver, which is our main detox organ and has a direct influence on the skin.
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
• is rich in antioxidants that help eliminate oxidative stress and can therefore help reduce wrinkles, discoloration and acne.
The Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a test that shows the amount of antioxidants in food. Chaga has the highest score of all natural foods here: 3x as high as that of Açaí berries. *
• helps to restore skin elasticity.
• contributes to the production of collagen.
• contains betulinic acid which aids in the repair and renewal of skin cells.
• contains some of the highest amounts of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). Deficiencies that arise as we age, cause wrinkles and skin discoloration.
• is traditionally used for strengthening the immune system, aiding digestion and relieving stress. *
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
• has anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to stimulate skin cells to repair themselves.
The antioxidants help to reduce premature aging and damage from free radicals and UV radiation. *
• contains polysaccharides that are essential for the skin's renewal process. They help to strengthen the protective layer of the skin which, among other things, keeps the skin hydrated.
This is especially important for dry and mature skin.
• contains mannitol, a sugar alcohol that helps moisturize and condition the skin.
• contains peptides, essential amino acids and proteins that help the skin to stay firm, supple and hydrated.
• provides more energy and stamina, helps to reduce fatigue and stress, improves physical performance and accelerates recovery after physical activity.
Cordyceps increases oxygen uptake by cells and optimizes the way your body uses oxygen.
Maitake (Grifola frondrosa)
• contains the most effective source of beta-glucans of all mushrooms. *
• keeps skin hydrated and helps restore moisture loss.
Strengthens the three outer layers of the skin that retain moisture and protect the skin from external stress.
• contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids and fibre.
• Traditionally used in Japan and China to strengthen the immune system, remove cellular waste from the body, and accelerate tissue damage repair. *
Lion's mane (Hericium erinaceus)
• has an anti-aging effect due to the antioxidants and polysaccharides that enhance the antioxidant enzyme activities and increase collagen. *
• helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
• contains the nerve growth factor (NGF) which helps accelerate wound healing. * *
• supports brain health, boosts memory and concentration, and promotes NGF growth. *
• contributes to a healthy immune system and helps the body and mind cope with stress.
I am focused: Brahmi*, Tulsi* (Holy Basil), Lion’s Mane mushroom* from 100% fruiting body and yellow, red and black Maca root.*
I am energized: Moringa*, Astragalus ~, Cordyceps mushroom* ~ from 100% fruiting body and yellow, red and black Maca root.*
I am glowing: Tremella*, Reishi*, Shiitake*, Chaga*, Cordyceps*, Maitake* and Lion's Mane* mushrooms from 100% fruiting body.
* from organic agriculture ~ from wild harvest
Combining it with healthy fats (such as coconut products, (plant-based) milk, cacao butter or avocado) helps with the absorption of the nutrients.
Taking it pure with water is possible, but does not increase the effectiveness.
The herbal taste of adaptogens takes some getting used to for some people: it's easier when you combine them with something you enjoy.
For best results, first bring the I am glowing to a boil with some water and then let it simmer gently in a closed pan for 30-60 minutes over low heat. Do not let it boil.
This way you can prepare a larger amount and store it.
You can also add the blend to all kinds of dishes while cooking or prepare a hot drink with it. Heat promotes the availability of the components of the mushrooms and their absorption by your body.
I am calm: you can use it throughout the day, even before going to sleep.
I am focused: this blend is most suitable to start the day with, for use during the day, in situations of increased mental activity such as during presentations, meetings, exams, workshops and study. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it can interfere with your sleep.
I am energized: this blend is most suitable to start the day with, for use during the day, before workout or any other demanding physical/mental activity. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it can interfere with your sleep.
I am glowing: is best for starting the day and for use throughout the day. Cordyceps provides energy and Lion's Mane supports cognitive functions. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it can interfere with your sleep.
For optimal results daily use is important for the first 2 months.
Take a break after a few months of use. This way you can observe the changes well and let your body function on its own again.
If you want to use several blends simultaneously, read the article "How do you use adaptogens?" first.
Content: 25 grams per jar
These are 16 servings of half a teaspoon (1.5 grams) per jar of the herbal blends and 25 servings of half a teaspoon (1 gram) of the I am glowing.
Supplements are intended to complement a healthy lifestyle.
They are not a substitute for a balanced diet.
The above health claims, made on the basis of plant-based ingredients, are currently being processed by the European Food Safety Administration (ESFA).
I am infinite
I am calm: for relaxation, a healthy nervous and hormonal system and a good night's sleep.
I am focused: to support cognitive functions such as concentration, mental clarity and memory.
I am energized: for physical and mental exertion and recovery after workout.
I am glowing: for your skin and immune system.