I am glowing
A nutricosmetics beauty & longevity blend of 7 adaptogenic mushrooms.
Nutricosmetics are supplements made from nutrients that nourish en protect your skin from within.
These mushrooms are known for their powerful effect on the skin and the immune system. They have moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and cell renewal properties. *
In addition, they are a rich source of vitamin D.
Long-term stress accelerates the aging process. *
Adaptogens help you stay balanced by increasing your resistance to various stressors. They have a direct effect on our endocrine and nervous system.
“Topical skincare products address only 20% of your skin. The other 80% is affected by what you eat and drink, including your dietary supplements”
Dr. Howard Murad
Dermatologist and anti-aging specialist
The I am glowing from within blend consists of:
Tremella (Tremella fuciformis)
• is deeply hydrating with powerful moisture-binding properties of 500 times its own weight.
Cosmetics with 0.05% of Tremella polysaccharides added have better moisture retention capacity than with 0.02% hyaluronic acid added. *
• helps to improve the skin's elasticity.
• is a source of collagen.
• is rich in antioxidants that protect against premature aging of the skin.
• contains glucuronoxylomannan which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps accelerate the healing of wounds.
• has neuroprotective properties which contribute to the growth and survival potential of neurons. *
• is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as longevity tonic to strengthen the Qi or life force, the immune system, the heart, brain, lungs, kidneys and stomach.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
• contains antioxidants that stimulate the skin's natural renewal process, help minimize premature aging of the skin and help protect against UV rays.
• contains beta-glucans which help draw moisture to the skin, restore moisture loss and keep skin hydrated. This helps to minimize wrinkles and fine lines.
• has anti-inflammatory properties and contains anti-irritants that soothe the skin and reduce redness.
• helps to repair and strengthen the ceramides in the skin's moisture barrier.
Ceramides form the skin's protective layer, which helps lock in moisture.*
• inhibits the melanin-producing enzyme tyrosinase, which causes skin pigmentation.
• helps to balance the negative effects of stress and keep the body in a state of homeostasis. Supports a healthy sleep cycle and stimulates mental clarity.
• contributes to a strong immune system and is known as "elixir of immortality" in TCM for its powerful healing and anti-aging properties. *
Shiitake (Lentinules edodes)
• helps to protect the elastin in the skin, supporting supple and elastic skin. As we age, the amount of elastin decreases due to the enzyme elastase a.o. Shiitake inhibits the formation of elastase.
• is rich in L-ergothioneine, known as longevity vitamin. Shiitake contains 40x more of it than wheat germ.
It helps to protect DNA, reduces UV damage and stimulates the formation of antioxidant enzymes that help prevent oxidative damage. *
• contains antioxidants and anti-irritants that help accelerate the skin's natural renewal process and protect against free radicals.*
• contains the antibacterial kojic acid that helps to even out skin tone. It can reduce hyperpigmentation, acne scars and age spots.
• is traditionally used in TCM to strengthen the Qi or life force and immune system, minimize premature aging and promote blood circulation. *
• is used to support the liver, which is our main detox organ and has a direct effect on the skin.
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
• is rich in antioxidants that help eliminate oxidative stress, which can reduce wrinkles, discoloration and acne.
The Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a test that shows the amount of antioxidants in food. Chaga has the highest score of all natural foods: 3 times higher than that of Açaí berries. *
• helps protect against UV damage due to its high concentration of antioxidants, melanin and zinc. *
• helps restore skin elasticity and supports collagen production.
• contains Betulinic acid which helps repair and renew skin cells.
• contains some of the highest amounts of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). Deficiencies that develop as we age, cause wrinkles and skin discoloration.
• is traditionally used to strengthen the immune system, support digestion and relieve stress. *
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
• has anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to stimulate skin cells to repair themselves.
The antioxidants help fight premature aging and reduce damage caused by free radicals and UV rays. *
• contains Polysaccharides which are essential for the skin renewal process.
They help to strengthen the skin's protective barrier that keeps the skin hydrated. This is particularly important for dry and mature skin.
• contains mannitol, a sugar alcohol that helps moisturize and condition the skin.
• contains peptides, essential amino acids and proteins that help the skin to stay firm, supple and hydrated.
• increases energy levels and stamina, helps reduce fatigue and stress, improves physical performance and accelerates recovery after physical activity.
Cordyceps increases oxygen absorption by cells and optimizes the way your body uses oxygen.
Maitake (Grifola frondrosa)
• contains the most effective source of beta-glucans of all mushrooms. *
• keeps the skin hydrated and helps restore moisture loss. Strengthens the three outer layers of the skin that retain moisture and protect the skin from external stress.
• contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids and fiber.
• is traditionally used in Japan and China to strengthen the immune system, remove cellular waste from the body and accelerate the repair of tissue damage. *
Lion’s mane (Hericium erinaceus)
• has anti-aging properties due to the antioxidants and polysaccharides that enhance the antioxidant enzyme activities and increase the collagen content. *
• helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
• contains the Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) which helps accelerate the healing of wounds. * *
• supports brain health, stimulates memory and concentration, and promotes NGF growth.*
• contributes to a healthy immune system and helps the body and mind deal with stress.
Ingredients: Tremella*, Reishi*, Shiitake*, Chaga*, Cordyceps*, Maitake* and Lion's Mane* mushrooms from 100% fruiting body.
* from organic agriculture
Content: 50 grams
These are 50 servings when using half a teaspoon (1 gram) per serving.
Recommended use: add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon to your latte, moon milk, (plant-based) hot chocolate or smoothie or stir it into your oatmeal, yogurt or other dish.
For best results, bring the powder to a boil with some water or other liquid. You can also add the blend to cooking and baking recipes. Bringing the herbs to a boil promotes the availability of the nutrients which is how they are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
You can drink the adaptogens pure with water, but this doesn't add to their effectiveness.
Combining with healthy fats (such as coconut products, (plant-based) milk, cacao butter or avocado) actually helps with the absorption of the nutrients.
This blend is great to start your day with and for use throughout the day. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it may interfere with your sleep.
Mushroom Cosmetics: The Present and Future
Adaptogenic or Medicinal mushrooms
And everything above indicated with *
Supplements are intended to complement a healthy lifestyle. They are not a substitute for a balanced diet.
It is recommended to consult a health expert such as an orthomolecular therapist or your GP before using a new supplement, during pregnancy or if you are taking medication.
The above health claims, made on the basis of plant-based ingredients, are currently being processed by the European Food Safety Administration (ESFA).