I am glowing
A nutricosmetics beauty & longevity blend of 7 adaptogenic mushrooms.
Nutricosmetics are supplements made from nutrients that nourish, protect and improve your skin from within.
The mushrooms in this blend are known for their powerful effect on the skin and the immune system. They have moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and cell renewal properties. *
In addition, they are a rich source of vitamin D, an important vitamin that many people are deficient in, especially in our climate.
Long-term stress accelerates the aging process. *
Adaptogens help balance body and mind by increasing resistance to various stressors. They have a direct effect on our endocrine and nervous system. When they are in balance, it shows in healthy, beautiful skin.
“Topical skincare products address only 20% of your skin. The other 80% is affected by what you eat and drink, including your dietary supplements”
Dr. Howard Murad
Dermatologist and anti-aging specialist
The I am glowing from within blend consists of:
Tremella (Tremella fuciformis)
• is deeply hydrating and contains powerful moisture-binding properties of 500 times its own weight, even more than hyaluronic acid. *
• helps to improve the skin's elasticity.
• is a good source of collagen.
• is rich in antioxidants that protect against premature aging of the skin.
• contains glucuronoxylomannan which has anti-inflammatory properties and accelerates the healing of wounds.
• has neuroprotective properties that contribute to the growth and survival potential of neurons. *
• is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as longevity tonic to strengthen the Qi or life force and to boost the immune system, support the heart, brain, lungs, kidneys and stomach.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
• contains antioxidants that stimulate the skin's natural renewal process, help prevent premature aging of the skin and protect against UV rays.
• contains beta-glucans that help draw moisture to the skin, restore moisture loss and keep skin hydrated. This helps to minimize wrinkles and fine lines.
• has anti-inflammatory properties and contains anti-irritants that soothe the skin and reduce redness.
• helps repair and strengthen the ceramides in the skin's moisture barrier.
Ceramides form the skin's protective layer, which helps lock in moisture and protects against stress.*
• inhibits the melanin-producing enzyme tyrosinase, which causes skin pigmentation.
• helps to balance the negative effects of stress and keep the body in a state of homeostasis. Supports a healthy sleep cycle and stimulates mental clarity.
• is known for its positive effect on the immune system and is considered an "elixir of immortality" in TCM for its powerful healing and anti-aging properties. *
Shiitake (Lentinules edodes)
• helps to protect the elastin in the skin, resulting in a more supple and elastic skin. As we age, the amount of elastin decreases due tothe enzyme elastase a.o. Shiitake inhibits the formation of elastase.
• is rich in L-ergothioneine, known as longevity vitamin. Shiitake contains 40x more of it than wheat germ.
It helps to protect DNA, reduces UV damage and stimulates the formation of antioxidant enzymes that help prevent oxidative damage. *
• contains antioxidants and anti-irritants that help accelerate the skin's natural renewal process and protect against free radicals.*
• contains the antibacterial kojic acid that helps to even out skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation, acne scars and age spots.
• is traditionally used in TCM to strengthen the Qi or life force and immune system, minimize premature aging and promote blood circulation. *
• is used to support the liver, which is our main detox organ and has a direct effect on the skin.
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
• is rich in antioxidants that help eliminate oxidative stress, reducing wrinkles, discoloration and acne.
The Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a test that shows the amount of antioxidants in food. Chaga has the highest score of all natural foods: 3 times higher than that of Açaí berries. *
• protects against UV damage due to its high concentration of antioxidants, melanin and zinc. *
• helps restore skin elasticity and contributes to collagen production.
• contains Betulinic acid which helps repair and renew skin cells.
• contains some of the highest amounts of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). Deficiencies that develop as we age, cause wrinkles and skin discoloration.
• is used for various purposes such as promoting digestion, relieving stress and strengthening the immune system. *
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
• has anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to stimulate skin cells to repair themselves.
The antioxidants help fight premature aging and reduce damage caused by free radicals and UV rays. *
• contains Polysaccharides which are essential for the skin renewal process.
They help to strengthen the skin's protective barrier that keeps the skin hydrated, which is particularly important for dry and mature skin.
• contains mannitol, a sugar alcohol that helps moisturize and condition the skin.
It is used as a hydrator in skincare products.
• contains peptides, essential amino acids and proteins that help the skin to stay firm, supple and hydrated.
• increases energy levels and stamina, helps fight fatigue and reduce stress, improves physical performance and accelerates recovery after physical activity.
Cordyceps increases oxygen absorption by cells and optimizes the way your body uses oxygen.
Maitake (Grifola frondrosa)
• contains the most effective source of beta-glucans of all mushrooms. *
• keeps the skin hydrated and restores moisture loss. Strengthens the three outer layers of the skin that retain moisture and protect the skin from external stress.
• contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids and fiber.
• is traditionally used in Japan and China to strengthen the immune system, help the body remove cellular waste and accelerate the repair of tissue damage. *
Lion’s mane (Hericium erinaceus)
• has anti-aging properties due to the antioxidants and polysaccharides that enhance the antioxidant enzyme activities and increase the collagen content. *
• helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
• contains the Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) which accelerates the healing of wounds. * *
• supports brain health, stimulates memory and concentration, and promotes NGF growth.*
• contributes to a healthy immune system and helps the body and mind deal with stress.
Ingredients: Tremella*, Reishi*, Shiitake*, Chaga*, Cordyceps*, Maitake* and Lion's Mane* mushrooms from 100% fruiting body.
Content: 50 grams
Recommended use: add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon to your smoothie, tea, latte or stir it into your oatmeal, yogurt, pancake mix, or other dish.
This blend is great to start your day with and for use throughout the day. Cordyceps gives you more energy and Lion's Mane supports cognitive functions. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it may interfere with your sleep.
Mushroom Cosmetics: The Present and Future
Adaptogenic or Medicinal mushrooms
And everything above indicated with *
Supplements are intended to complement a healthy lifestyle. They are not a substitute for a balanced diet.
It is recommended to consult a health expert such as an orthomolecular therapist or your GP before using a new supplement, during pregnancy or if you are taking medication.
The above health claims, made on the basis of plant-based ingredients, are currently being processed by the European Food Safety Administration (ESFA).