The other 80% is influenced by what you eat and drink, including your nutritional supplements.
Dr. Howard Murad
Dermatologist and anti-aging specialist
Prolonged stress accelerates the aging process. *
Adaptogens help you stay in balance by making you more resilient to various stressors.
You can find these mushrooms in the I am glowing:
Tremella (Tremella fuciformis)
• deeply moisturizing, with moisture-binding properties of 500 times its own weight.
Cosmetics to which 0.05% Tremella polysaccharides have been added have been found to have a better moisture-binding capacity than with 0.02% hyaluronic acid. *
• helps to improve skin elasticity.
• stimulates collagen production.
• is rich in antioxidants that help protect against premature aging of the skin.
• contains glucuronoxylomannan which is anti-inflammatory and helps to accelerate wound healing.
• has neuroprotective properties that contribute to the growth and survival potential of neurons. *
• is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a longevity tonic to strengthen the Qi or life force, the immune system, the heart, brain, lungs, kidneys and stomach.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
• contains antioxidants that stimulate the skin's natural renewal process, help reduce premature aging of the skin and help protect against UV radiation.
• contains beta-glucans that draw moisture to the skin, help restore moisture loss and keep skin hydrated. This helps to refine wrinkles and lines.
• has an anti-inflammatory effect and contains anti-irritants that soothe the skin and reduce redness.
• helps to restore and strengthen the ceramides in the skin's moisture barrier. Ceramides form the skin's protective layer, which helps keep moisture in. *
• inhibits the melanin-producing enzyme tyrosinase which causes skin pigmentation.
• helps to balance the negative effects of stress and keep the body in a state of homeostasis. Promotes a healthy sleep cycle and mental clarity.
• Contributes to a strong immune system and is known in TCM as the “elixir of immortality” for its powerful healing and anti-aging properties. *
Shiitake (Lentinules edodes)
• helps to protect the elastin in the skin, which promotes its elasticity. As we age, the amount of elastin decreases, a.o. due to the enzyme elastase. Shiitake inhibits the formation of elastase.
• is rich in L-ergothioneine, which is known as the longevity vitamin. Shiitake contains 40x more of this than wheat germ. It helps protect DNA, reduce UV damage and stimulate the production of antioxidant enzymes. *
• contains antioxidants and anti-irritants that help accelerate the skin's natural renewal process and protect against free radicals. *
• Traditionally used in TCM to enhance Qi or life force and the immune system, minimize premature aging and promote blood circulation. *
• is used to support the liver, which is our main detox organ and has a direct influence on the skin.
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
• is rich in antioxidants that help eliminate oxidative stress and can therefore help reduce wrinkles, discoloration and acne.
The Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) is a test that shows the amount of antioxidants in food. Chaga has the highest score of all natural foods here: 3x as high as that of Açaí berries. *
• helps to restore skin elasticity.
• contributes to the production of collagen.
• contains betulinic acid which aids in the repair and renewal of skin cells.
• contains some of the highest amounts of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD). Deficiencies that arise as we age, cause wrinkles and skin discoloration.
• is traditionally used for strengthening the immune system, aiding digestion and relieving stress. *
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
• has anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to stimulate skin cells to repair themselves.
The antioxidants help to reduce premature aging and damage from free radicals and UV radiation. *
• contains polysaccharides that are essential for the skin's renewal process. They help to strengthen the protective layer of the skin which, among other things, keeps the skin hydrated.
This is especially important for dry and mature skin.
• contains mannitol, a sugar alcohol that helps moisturize and condition the skin.
• contains peptides, essential amino acids and proteins that help the skin to stay firm, supple and hydrated.
• provides more energy and stamina, helps to reduce fatigue and stress, improves physical performance and accelerates recovery after physical activity.
Cordyceps increases oxygen uptake by cells and optimizes the way your body uses oxygen.
Maitake (Grifola frondrosa)
• contains the most effective source of beta-glucans of all mushrooms. *
• keeps skin hydrated and helps restore moisture loss.
Strengthens the three outer layers of the skin that retain moisture and protect the skin from external stress.
• contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids and fibre.
• Traditionally used in Japan and China to strengthen the immune system, remove cellular waste from the body, and accelerate tissue damage repair. *
Lion's mane (Hericium erinaceus)
• has an anti-aging effect due to the antioxidants and polysaccharides that enhance the antioxidant enzyme activities and increase collagen. *
• helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
• contains the nerve growth factor (NGF) which helps accelerate wound healing. * *
• supports brain health, boosts memory and concentration, and promotes NGF growth. *
• contributes to a healthy immune system and helps the body and mind cope with stress.
Mushroom Cosmetics: The Present and Future
Adaptogenic or Medicinal mushrooms
And everything above marked with *
* from organic agriculture
For best results, first bring the I am glowing to a boil with some water and then let it simmer gently in a closed pan for 30-60 minutes over low heat. Do not let it boil.
This way you can prepare a larger amount and store it.
You can also add the blend to all kinds of dishes while cooking or prepare a hot drink with it.
Heat promotes the availability of the components of the mushrooms and their absorption by your body.
Combining it with healthy fats (such as coconut products, (plant-based) milk, cacao butter or avocado) helps with the absorption of the nutrients.
The blend is best for starting the day and for use throughout the day. Use in the evening is not recommended, as it can interfere with your sleep.
For optimal results daily use is important for the first 2 months.
Take a break after a few months of use.
This way you can observe the changes well and let your body function on its own again.
Content: 50 grams
These are 50 servings when using half a teaspoon (1 gram) at a time.
Supplements are intended to complement a healthy lifestyle.
They are not a substitute for a balanced diet.
The above health claims, made on the basis of plant-based ingredients, are currently being processed by the European Food Safety Administration (ESFA).
I am glowing
A nutricosmetics beauty & longevity blend of 7 adaptogenic mushrooms.
Nutricosmetics are nutrients that nourish and protect your skin from within.
These mushrooms are known for their powerful effect on the skin and the immune system.
They have moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and cell renewal properties. *
In addition, they are a rich source of vitamin D.